Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

9.10.2008

Visitors

Today was a quiet day. I think it was the first day since I got here that we didn't go anywhere! It has also been a full week since I have been here and I have so much to be thankful for!

Dad and G'pa were outside mostly doing odd jobs around the place. G'pa was out on the four-wheeler alot too! He seems to be doing better. G'ma said she didn't feel herself and blames them on the pills she has to take now since getting back from the hospital.

The day seemed to go by slowly until I started making supper...roasted tomato soup (and I must say it was very good!) Just before supper on of the neighbor came by. A very nice elderly bachelor wearing overalls. His name is Edgar and when I was introduced to him he said "pretty girl" and told my G'ma she had nice grandchildren!

He stayed for supper and when i served dessert, apple pie, he wonder why he got no cheese with it..."apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze" He said his momma always ate her pie like that and that what she always said. As you can tell he is quite and interesting character and it was a good evening. G'pa always seems better when people come to visit.

After supper Leanna Havlik stopped by cause her husband had been vaccinating calfs by the barn ( the Havliks are the people who lease G'pa's land). Had a short visit with her.

Before bed G'ma had me set her hair in curlers. She told me that when I was little and she came out of the bathroom with a towel on her head after washing her hair...I put one on my head and walked around declaring that I was G'ma (I don't remember that!) Lol!

I do remember G'ma setting my hair in curlers when I was younger...and now I do it for her.

It is hard to imagine a week gone by already. I am happy G'ma is okay. She always reads her bible in the rocking chair before she goes to bed...I am to learn alot from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment