Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

9.06.2008

A somewhat busy day...

Today my dad left early for Mitchell to visit G'ma at the hospital. I was woken up by G'pa...he had the TV too loud! lol!

I had a very good morning! Ate breakfast and then spent awhile having my quiet time with God. I haven't been able to since we got here so it was very refreshing and encouraging. Gave me more energy.

The rest of the morning I took inventory of the food in the freezers. The one in the cellar is huge and old. I remember as a little girl being scared of the cellar...it is a creepy place. Lots of cobwebs! I was fine now though! Went looking back at all my G'ma's canned food she still has some down there from before I was born!!! Next I did the inventory upstairs freezer. Then it was dinner time. I just warmed up leftovers cause it was just G'pa and me.

He sat in his easy chair most of the day. It was rainy and drizzling so it was kinda gloomy...G'pa doesn't like the lights on in the living room.

After dinner I began making supper just so it would be ready. As soon as my dad got home I was going to see my Aunts and cousins in Platte...40 minute drive away.

They doctors found out that it was a blood clot that cut of the circulation to her kidney. She will be home Monday or Tuesday! Praise God!

After having supper ready to just pop in the oven. I did a few chores then sat down to knit the blanket...I kinda got stuck...those patterns are hard to understand. I think I will wait until my Aunt Pat gets here. She'll be visiting in a month I think and she is a pro knitter.

After I gave up on knitting I tried not to fall asleep, but did for about 45 minutes. I guess during that time G'pa feed the cats and got the mail. I woke up and it was time for me to go. My dad got back so I was good to leave.

My Subaru didn't do so good on these gravel country roads, but its getting better, I can at least hit 60mph now.

I had a good evening having supper with my G'pa and G'ma Surat, aunts, uncles,and cousins. Then my cousins in highschool I watched play tag football!

Got home and dad had G'pa Young in bed and all was well. I set his coffee up for the morning and now it's time for me to hit the hay!
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment