Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

9.11.2008

Long, tiring day

My day was okay, but I think I'll have a good cry before I go to bed. I was startled awake by G'pa calling out at 6am this morning he was having difficulty breathing. I got my dad and he called the ER doctor who said if it worsened to bring him in. G'ma had an appointment later that morning so we were gonna have G'pa check out then.

After G'ma's appointment, they had a meeting with the lawyer. I slept in the car. Then they got out just in time for us to take dad to the bus and see him off. I had a hard time keeping my emotions under control after that the whole day. But I wasn't about to lose it then.

Took G'pa to the doctor and after waiting testing and waiting we left 2.5 hours later...it felt longer then that. G'pa has bronchitis, where the lungs become inflamed from infection. And also congestive heart failure...but his heart has never been the same since his heart attack 13 years ago.

His legs were weak and it sounded like he was trying to catch his breath the whole day. We have an antibiotic and he seemed better once we got home.

I found myself praying alot today for alot of things. Why is it that when faced with trials we always turn to God for comfort, while when things are going fine we don't seem to give him a second thought?

Putting G'pa to bed tonight I asked if I could pray for him and he said that wound be nice. So I did.

I am going to sleep now, I'm to tired to cry. Thank you for your continuing prayers, I feel God is near and felt a peace after leaving the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment