Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

9.08.2008

Root Beer Floats and Needles

Today I overslept and woke up with a sore throat! Blah! Dad let the cat, Fuzzy, in to wake me up. She started licking my face...that got me up. She is a crazy cat, and I mean crazy. She'll claw your leg when your walking and try biting your hand when you pet her. She is no mean...just extremely playful!

I started cleaning up after breakfast and learned we were going to Chamberlain for one of G'pa's tests and to run a few other errands. Made G'pa a fried egg sandwich for dinner and we were off!

All went well and we took the back roads home. G'pa pointed out a farm to me and told me awhile ago that the guy that lived their was getting on in his years so he order a mail-order bride! I didn't know they still did that! I guess it went well cause the have a few kids! Lol.

When we got home G'pa had a root beer float...I guess it was a whole soda which he should only have half for his diabetes.

I began planning supper and went on a walk...relaxed on the hay bales for half an hour, picked some apples for a pie tonight, and some flowers for a vase on the window sill! :)

Just was warming up some leftover casserole for supper when G'pa took his blood sugar and it was high! Of course from that ice cream and root beer! So I got to give him and insulin shot for the first time. It went okay...had quite a time getting the air bubbles out and G'pa said he was more trouble then he was worth! Haha, I told him he wasn't then gave him the shot!

He is watching a football game now. I'm gonna finish my pie. Tomorrow we go to Mitchell to bring G'ma home!

1 comment: