Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

12.15.2008

Home

Wow, I am so overwhelmingly full of joy to be home! On Friday me and my cousin Samantha drove over to Sioux Falls to stay the night since I had an early flight. I didn't sleep a wink. we didn't get to bed until almost 2 and had to get up at 5. I was so excited to go home and nervous about flying that didn't sleep well.
I hate flying. The last time I did was 3 or 4 years ago. So I kinda had forgotten, but I know I don't like it! I had to get n 3 planes on Saturday to get home. It was stressful and it got worse for my last fl light from Seattle to Wenatchee. It was this small airplane...so I was like already freaking out! I talked to m parents when I could throughout the day I knew that they and my friends were praying for me. My dad told me they served complimentary wine on this last flight and to have some to relax me. So I did and was doing better. We were seriously almost to Wenatchee when the pilot's voice spoke over the loudspeaker and said we were turning around to go back to Seattle. The landing gear door had open and slammed shut during our flight and that was abnormal. Everything else was fine, but as a safety precaution it would be better to land on a longer runway that wasn't covered with snow so we turned back. I almost lost it there, so close to home and I was fading fast from all the stress of flying! I hate it. Got on another plane and I just sat the whole way with my eyes closed and didn't open them until we landed!
My welcoming party consisted of all my 8 wonderful siblings and 3 of my other friends! I was so overwhelmed with emotion I was like shaking for a full 3 minutes and had to sit down! I was home! And my wonderful family was waiting for me to get home...had to a little longer because of the plane turning back.
Went to church this morning then got went and cut down our Christmas tree! It is the sweetest tree ever. I found it and it was exactly what I pictured! Perfect. It is a little taller then me and the branches are nice and even,y distributed all around it...i love it!
I am so happy to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really feel like I never left! It will be hard to leave again in 3 weeks, but I don't want to think about and will make the most of every minute I have while here!
It also helps me alot to be home after everything that happened with people in SD. I have amazing friends here who love me and are so understanding, I can trust them!
I have to do a little work with my relationship with Kristen though...there has been a little drifting apart since i've been gone.
Okay I am going to sleep now...plan to bake an apple pie tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment