Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

2.27.2010

Remaining in Christ

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:7-11

Abiding with Christ we are given the character of Christ. Trust the promise that by abiding we will bear beautiful fruit. The characteristics of remaining and abiding in Christ are obedience, prayer, glorifying God, assurance of God's love and joy.

I'm only going to touch on a few. First off, We LOVE him we have a supernatural desire to OBEY. With JOY! :) Joy in the midst of difficult situations is the mark of a Christian. And true joy is granted be the Holy Spirit. You know, happiness is self-seeking. So Lord, may I be filled with joy in everything!

Finally (this is so good, I love it!) "When we remain in Christ and His words remain in us, we begin to experience His thoughts and words filling even our subconscious thoughts and deepest emotions." WOW!!! This really made me think and reflect. I desire an even deeper and intimate relationship with Jesus! I would rather have HIM fill my subconscious and deepest emotions instead of the passions and lusts of this world which is what's mostly there now because of my sinful nature.
I posted this story on my blog awhile ago, but learning about this brought it to my mind again...here's the link to that past  post on my blog...this is Mabel's Story...http://beauty-quietdignity.blogspot.com/2007/11/thinking-about-my-jesus.html

No comments:

Post a Comment