Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

2.20.2008

an older song

So I need to start getting into the habit of posting again, until then her's an older thing I pulled out. I was looking through some of my songs and found this one which I wrote about two years ago. . .thought I'd share it.


SunRise
This night is very cold and dark,
The stars seems so far off,
I always thought I would be okay,
But memories woun't go away,
So I break the silence with a sob,
And pray to God to take this from me.

He reasures me with his peace and directs me to wait on Him,
He tells me that although it's dark the sun will rise again. . .

I will look for the sunrise to break throught the dark,
And count the stars as they fade away,
My life has never seemed so like the sky before,
So I will look for the sunrise, I'll watch for the dawn.

The storms in my life have never seemed so painful,
The thunder and the lighting,
My trials and temptations,
My mind is cloudy my life seems gray,
I pray to God to take this from me.

The distressing thoughts keep coming back more then the stars it seems.
God cheers me up saying this will pass,
The sun will rise again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment